Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LEE-CHAPEL

LEE-CHAPEL, an extra-parochial tract in Billericay district, Essex; 4¼ miles S of Billericay. Acres, 484. Pop., 6. House, 1. A chapel which gave name to it was anciently a chantry, and has been destroyed.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "an extra-parochial tract"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Billericay PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place: Lee Chapel

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.