Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LEIGH (WEST)

LEIGH (WEST), a hamlet in Burlescombe parish, Devon; 5 miles SW of Wellington. An ancient chapel stood here, and was converted into cottages.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Burlescombe AP/CP       Devon AncC
Place names: LEIGH     |     LEIGH WEST     |     WEST LEIGH

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.