Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANDUDWEN

LLANDUDWEN, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 7 miles W by N of Pwllheli, and 19 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1,331. Real property, £1,123. Pop, 9 4. Houses, 14. The property is divided among three. Madrin is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the rectory of Rhiw, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Tudwen.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Llandudwen AP/CP       Pwllheli PLU/RegD       Caernarvonshire AncC
Place: Llandudwen

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.