Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANFIHANGEL-RYDITHON

LLANFIHANGEL-RYDITHON, a parish and a township in Knighton district, Radnor. The parish lies between the rivers Aran and Ithon, adjacent to the Knighton and Central Wales railway, 3 miles NE of Penybont, and 6½ NW of New Radnor. Post town, Penybont, Radnorshire. Acres, 3,207. Real property, £2,266. Pop., 378. Houses, 65. The surface was once a forest; and much of it is still unenclosed. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of LlandewiYstradenny, in the diocese of St. David's. The township includes all the parish of Llanfihangel-Rydithon, and part of that of Llandewi-Ystradenny. Pop., 404. Houses, 68.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish and a town ship"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Knighton PLU/RegD       Radnorshire AncC
Place: Llanfihangel Rhydieithon

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.