Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LLANFIHANGEL-HELYGEN, or LLANFIHANGELFACH

LLANFIHANGEL-HELYGEN, or LLANFIHANGELFACH, a parish in Rhayader district, Radnor; on the rivers Ithon and Dulais, 4 miles W of Penybont r. station, and 5½ SE by S of Rhayader. Post town, Penybont, Radnorshire. Acres, 1,459. Real property, £664. pop., 110. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Llanyre, in the diocese of St. David's. Valne,. £250. Patron, alternately the Bishop of St. David's and the Vicar of Nantmel. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Llanfihangel Helygen AP/CP       Rhayader PLU/RegD       Radnorshire AncC
Place names: LLANFIHANGELFACH     |     LLANFIHANGEL HELYGEN     |     LLANFIHANGEL HELYGEN OR LLANFIHANGELFACH
Place: Llanfihangel Helygen

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.