Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MANSERGH

MANSERGH, a township-chapelry in Kirkby-Lonsdale parish, Westmoreland; on the river Lune, 1 mile WSW of Barbon r. station, and 2½ N of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Post town, Kirkby-Lonsdale, under Burton, Westmoreland. Acres, 2,568. Real property, £2,475. Pop., 190. Houses, 35. The property is subdivided. Mansergh Hall is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkby-Lonsdale. The church is ancient and good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township-chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kirkby Lonsdale CP/AP       Mansergh CP/Tn/Ch       Westmorland AncC
Place: Mansergh

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.