Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for MARSTON

MARSTON, a tything in Potterne parish, Wilts; 3¼ miles SW of Devizes. Real property, £1,975. Pop., 190. Houses, 41. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a tything"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Marston Tg/CP       Potterne AP/CP       Wiltshire AncC
Place: Marston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.