Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for HARPTON (UPPER)

HARPTON (UPPER), a township in the parishes of Old Radnor, New Radnor, and Llanfihangel-nant-mellan, Radnorshire; contiguous to Herefordshire, 3½ miles NW of Kington. It has a post-office, designated Harpton, Radnorshire. Real property, £3,212. Pop., 186. Houses, 35. Pop. of the Old Radnor portion, 134. Houses, 26. Harpton Court here is the seat of the Lewes family.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Burlingjobb and Old Radnor CP/Tn       Llanfihangel Nant Melan AP/Tn/CP       New Radnor AP/CP       Radnorshire AncC
Place names: HARPTON     |     HARPTON UPPER     |     UPPER HARPTON
Place: Harpton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.