Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LAMMAS

LAMMAS, a parish, with a village, in Aylsham district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 5 miles SE of Aylsham, and 9 NNE of Norwich r. station. Post-town, Hevingham, under Norwich. Acres, 500. Real property, with Little Hautbois, £1,860. Pop., 291. Houses, 60. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Rev. W. H. Marsh. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Little Hautbois, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Marsh. The church consists of nave and chancel, with S porch and low embattled tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Lammas AP       Aylsham PLU/RegD       Norfolk AncC
Place: Lammas

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.