Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LANCAUT

LANCAUT, a chapelry in Tidenham parish, Gloucester; on the river Wye, 2 miles N by E of Chepstow r. station. Post-town, Chepstow. Acres, 183. Real property, £277. Pop., 9. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Woollaston, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Lancaut Ch/CP       Tidenham AP/CP       Gloucestershire AncC
Place: Lancaut

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.