Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Milford

Milford, eccl. dist. and vil. with ry. sta., Witley par., Surrey - dist., pop. 961; vil., 5½ miles SW. of Guildford; P.O., T.O.; in vicinity of vil. is Milford House, seat.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "ecclesiastical district and village with railway station"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Witley CP/AP       Surrey AncC
Place: Milford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.