Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Marks Tey

Marks Tey, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Essex, 5 miles W. of Colchester, 1225 ac., pop. 411; P.O., T.O.; Marks-Tey Hall, an ancient moated mansion, is now a farmhouse.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "parish and village with railway station"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Marks Tey CP/AP       Essex AncC
Place: Marks Tey

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.