Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for Tilbury, West

Tilbury, West, par., Essex, 2 miles NW. of East Tilbury, 1866 ac. and 253 tidal water and foreshore, pop. 347; P.O.; Archbishop Laud (1573-1645) was rector.


(John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: West Tilbury AP/CP       Essex AncC
Place names: TILBURY     |     TILBURY WEST     |     WEST TILBURY
Place: West Tilbury

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.