Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WISHAW

WISHAW, a parish, with Moxhall hamlet, in Aston district, Warwick; 2½ miles N of Water-Orton r. station, and 8½ NE of Birmingham. Post town, Erdington, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,196. Real property, £2,880. Pop., 216. Houses, 43. The manor, with Moxhall Hall, belongs to B. P. Noel, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £410.* Patrons, J. ffolliott, Esq., and the Representatives of the Jesson family. The church is ancient.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with Moxhall hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Wishaw CP/AP       Aston PLU/RegD       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Wishaw

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.