Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WOODLANDS

WOODLANDS, a chapelry in Lambourn parish, Berks; 5 miles NNW of Hungerford r. station. It was constituted in 1838; and it has a post-office under Hungerford. Pop., 348. Houses, 69. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £220.* Patron, J. Aldridge, Esq. The church was built in 1842.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Lambourn CP/AP       Berkshire AncC
Place: Lambourn Woodlands

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.