Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for WOOLTON-HILL

WOOLTON-HILL, a chapelry in East Woodhay parish, Hants; 4 miles SW of Newbury r. station. It was constituted in 1850; and it has a post-office under Newbury. Pop, 821. Houses, 193. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100. Patron, the Rector of East Woodhay.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: East Woodhay CP/AP       Hampshire AncC
Place: Woolton Hill

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.