Youngs confuses this parish with the nearby North Shields St Peter. Various maps show quite clearly that these were separate churches. According to an e-mail from Northumberland Archives (19 Dec 2011), "Monkseaton St. Peter was originally a chapelry of Whitley Bay St Paul but became a parish in its own right in 1939. The church was consecrated in 1938 but we do hold baptism registers dating from 1922."
We know of no alternate names.
We know of no associations with other units.
This unit was part of the following units:
|NORTHUMBERLAND||Ancient County||1939||F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 337.|
We know of no boundary changes affecting this unit.
We know of no units which were contained within this unit.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Monkseaton St Peter EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2013