We know of no alternate names.
We know of no associations with other units.
This unit was part of the following units:
|LANCASHIRE||Administrative County||1849||1974||F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 680.|
|SOUTH EAST LANCASHIRE||Conurbation||1951 Census of England and Wales, Table 1, '[Table giving details of make-up of Conurbations; details need to be added]'.|
This unit was affected by the following changes:
|Date||Type of change||Other unit involved||Area transferred||Authority|
|01 Apr 1951||was enlarged by gaining part of||LIMEHURST RD||parts of Alt, Bardsley, Woodhouses CPs Area: 605 acres.||1951 Census of England and Wales, Table 5, 'Intercensal changes of Boundary (between 30th June, 1934, and 8th April, 1951)', for 'Administrative Areas (excluding Wards)'.; Oldham Extension Act, 1950|
|01 Apr 1954||was enlarged by the abolition of||LIMEHURST RD||parts of Alt, Bardsley, Woodhouses CPs Area: 1052 acres.||1961 Census of England and Wales, Table 4, 'Intercensal Changes of Boundary (between 8th April, 1951 and 23rd April, 1961)', for 'LAA, CP'.; Oldham, Ashton-Under-Lyne and Mossley (Extension) Order, 1954|
This unit contained the following units:
|OLDHAM Tn/Ch/CP||Parish-level Unit||F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 191.|
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Oldham MB/CB through time | Census tables with data for the Local Government District, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016