We know of no alternate names.
We know of no associations with other units.
This unit was part of the following units:
|FIFE||Scottish County||1845||1975||1951 Census of Scotland, Table 1, 'Comparison of population, density per 100 acres, and houses with 1931', for 'Burghs, Districts of Counties and CPs'.|
|NEWBURGH Burgh||Scottish Burgh||1632||1975||1851 Census of Great Britain, Table , 'Population Abstract'.|
This unit was affected by the following changes:
|Date||Type of change||Other unit involved||Area transferred||Authority|
|1891||was enlarged by gaining part of||ABDIE||Abdie detached No. 2 Area: 448 acres.||H. Shennan, Boundaries of Counties and Parishes in Scotland (Edinburgh: Wm. Green & Sons, 1892), p. 79.|
|1891||was enlarged by gaining part of||ABERNETHY||So much of the parish of Abernethy as lies to the east and south of the east march of the farm and lands of Pitmedden.||H. Shennan, Boundaries of Counties and Parishes in Scotland (Edinburgh: Wm. Green & Sons, 1892), p. 46.|
We know of no units which were contained within this unit.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Newburgh ScoP through time | Census tables with data for the Scottish Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th July 2015