Administrative unit

Brighton St James EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BRIGHTON ST JAMES
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1876 - 1956)
Date created:
1876
Date abolished:
1956
Unit ID:
10284387
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SUSSEX Ancient County 1876 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
BRIGHTON Rural Deanery 1913 1956 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
LEWES V Rural Deanery 1876 1913 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1876 was created from part of BRIGHTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
1956 was abolished to create BRIGHTON ST MARY AND ST JAMES EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Brighton St James EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10284387

Date accessed: 17th September 2019