Administrative unit

Brighton the Good Shepherd Preston EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
BRIGHTON THE GOOD SHEPHERD PRESTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1922)
Date created:
1922
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10284338
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
SUSSEX Ancient County 1922   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
BRIGHTON Rural Deanery 1922 1955 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.
PRESTON Rural Deanery 1955   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1922 was created from part of PRESTON EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 519.
1922 was created from part of PRESTONVILLE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 520.
1927 was reduced to create HOVE ST AGNES EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 504.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Brighton the Good Shepherd Preston EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10284338

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019