In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mixbury like this:
MIXBURY, a village and a parish in the district of Brackley and county of Oxford. The village stands near the boundary with Northamptonshire, the river Ouse, and the Banbury and Buckingham railway, 2¾ miles SE of Brackley r. station, and 6 W by S of Buckingham; and has a post office under Brackley. The parish contains also the hamlet of Fulwell and the township of Woolaston. Acres, 2,630. Real property, £2,815. Pop., 381. Houses, 84 ''T he manor belongs to Stanlake Batson, Esq. Traces exist of an old moated house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £200.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church is partly Norman; was recently restored, at great cost; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower; and contains monuments of the Bathurst. There are a parochial school, and charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Mixbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cherwell. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Mixbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mixbury, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mixbury".