In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lindridge like this:
LINDRIDGE, a village in Tenbury district, and a parish partly also in Martley district, Worcester. The village stands on the river Teme, near the Newnham station of the Tenbury and Bewdley railway, and near the boundary with Salop, 5¼ miles E by N of Tenbury; and has a post office under Tenbury.The parish contains also the hamlet of Newnham, and the chapelries of Knighton-upon-Teme and Pensax. Acres, 6,252. Real property, £11,170; of which £270 are in mines. Pop., 1,760. ...
Houses, 375. The property is subdivided. Eardiston House is the property of George Wallace, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £450.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church was rebuilt, on the site of the previous church, and on a larger scale, in 1861; and is in the early decorated English style, of local stone, lined internally with Bath stone. The p. curacies of Knighton-uponTeme and Pensax are separate benefices. There is a Wesleyan chapel at Frith Common. There is also a parochial school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lindridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Malvern Hills. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lindridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lindridge, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st December 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lindridge".