Harvington  Worcestershire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harvington like this:

HARVINGTON, a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands near the Evesham and Redditch railway, ½ a mile W of the river Avon, and 4 N by W of Evesham; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Evesham. The parish comprises 1, 238 acres. Real property, £2, 924. ...

Pop., 452. Houses, 93. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. * Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is decorated English, with a Saxon tower; and was recently restored, at a cost of £1, 750. There are a nation al school, and charities £5.

Harvington through time

Harvington is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harvington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harvington, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 17th March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harvington ".