In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fladbury like this:
FLADBURY, a village in Pershore district, and a parish partly also in Evesham and Droitwich districts, Worcester. The village stands on the river Avon, adjacent to the West Midland railway, 3 miles E of Pershore; was anciently known as Fleathanbyrig; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Pershore. The parish includes also the hamlets of Abbots-Lench and Hill and Moor, and the chapelries of Wyre-Piddle, Throckmorton, and Stock and Bradley. Acres, 7, 862. Real property, £8, 558. ...
Pop., 1, 514. Houses, 338. The property is subdivided. The manor was given, in 671, by Etheldred to Bishop Ostforus. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Wyre-Piddle and Throckmorton, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £721.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, and contains some interesting monuments; and the chancel was restored in 1865. The chapelry of Bradley became a separate charge in 1864. There are churches at Wyre-Piddle and Throckmorton, a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £62.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Fladbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Fladbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fladbury, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Fladbury".