In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eckington like this:
ECKINGTON, a parish and a sub-district in Pershore district, Worcester. The parish lies on the river Avon, and on the Bristol and Birmingham railway, 3½ miles SW by S of Pershore. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Pershore. Acres, 2, 260. Real property, £5, 678. Pop., 748. Houses, 168. The property is divided among a few. Limestone is quarried. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £210.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church has an embattled tower; contains monuments of the Hanfords; and is good. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £57. -The sub-district contains six parishes, and parts of two others. Acres, 16, 897. Pop., 4, 228. Houses, 912.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Eckington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Eckington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eckington, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Eckington".