In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Defford like this:
DEFFORD, a chapelry in St. Andrew-Pershore parish, Worcester; on the river Avon, and the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 3 miles SW of Pershore. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Pershore. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £2, 343. Pop., 463. Houses, 102. The living is a vicarage, united with Besford chapelry, in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £118.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster The church is good; and there is a dissenting chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Defford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Defford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Defford, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Defford".