In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rudchester like this:
RUDCHESTER, or Rouchester, a township in Ovingham parish, Northumberland; on the Roman wall, 8½ miles W N W of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Acres, 644. Pop., 58. Houses, 11. The Roman station Vindobala was here; is still slightly traceable; and has furnished fouraltars, a Hercules, bricks, coins, and other relics. Amediæval stronghold also was here, and became the nucleus of a modern farm-house.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rudchester has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Castle Morpeth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rudchester and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rudchester, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rudchester".