In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bengeworth like this:
BENGEWORTH-ST. PETER, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; on the river Avon, and the Ash-church and Evesham railway, with a r. station, 1 ¼. mile SW of Evesham. Post Town, Evesham. Acres, returned with Evesham. Real property, £6,720. Pop., 1,259. Houses, 254. The property is not much divided. A castle here belonged to the Beauchamps; and was destroyed, in 1156, by the Abbot of Evesham. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £158.* Patron, the Rev. W. Harker. The church occupies the site of the Beauchamps' castle; and is a substantial edifice, with a handsome tower and spire. A school endowed by John Deacle, a native of Bengeworth and an alderman of London, has an income of £256; and other charities have £86.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bengeworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bengeworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bengeworth, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bengeworth".