In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hipperholme like this:
HIPPERHOLME, a village and a township in Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on an eminence, adjacent to the Leeds and Halifax railway, 2 miles NE of Halifax; commands fine views of the surrounding country; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Halifax.-The township contains also the village of Brighouse, and the hamlets of Lightcliffe and Hove-Edge; and bears the name of Hipperholme-with-Brighouse. ...
Acres, 2, 550. Real property, £26, 542; of which £400 are in quarries, and £200 in gas works. Pop. in 1851, 6, 091; in 1861, 7, 340. Houses, 1, 549. The increase of pop. arose from the prosperity of manufactures, and the facilities of communication. There are cotton and silk manufactories, collieries, quarries, and a tannery. Here also are the chapelries of Brighouse, Lightcliffe, and Coley, with their places of worship, their schools, and their charities. Two chief seats are Crow Nest and Cliffe Hill.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hipperholme, in Calderdale and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hipperholme ".