In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ysgubor Y Coed like this:
SCYBOR-Y-COED, a township in Llanfihangel-Geneur-Glynn parish, Cardigan; at the confluence of the rivers Einon and Dovey, 4¼ miles N E of Aberystwith. It contains the villages of Eglwys-Fach and Furnace. Acres, 11, 264; of which 870 are water. Real property, £2, 368. Pop., 546. Houses, 123.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ysgubor Y Coed has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ysgubor Y Coed and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ysgubor Y Coed, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ysgubor Y Coed".