In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crowmarsh like this:
CROWMARSH-GIFFORD, a parish in the district of Wallingford, and county of Oxford; on the river Thames, adjacent on the east to Wallingford r. station, and 13-miles SSE of Oxford. It has a post office of the name of Crowmarsh, under Wallingford. Acres, 662. Real property, £1, 708. Pop., 360. Houses, 73. The manor belonged, at Domesday, to W. Giffard. A small hospital was founded here about the middle of the 13th century. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £247.* Patron, Lord Barrington. The church is partly Norman.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Crowmarsh has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Crowmarsh and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crowmarsh in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Crowmarsh".