In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cornwell like this:
CORNWELL, a parish in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; 2½ miles E by N of Addlestrop r. station, and 3 W of Chipping-Norton. Post town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 820. Real property, £1, 308. Pop., 97. Houses, 23. Cornwell House was the seat of the Pennystones. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £140. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, and has a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cornwell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cornwell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cornwell in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cornwell".