In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitchurch like this:
WHITCHURCH, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; 4 miles SE of Milcote r. station, and 5¼ SSE of Stratford. Post town, Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 1,942. Real property, £3,971. Pop., 234. Houses, 50. The manor belongs to J. R. West, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £287.* Patron, J. R. West, Esq. Charities, £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Whitchurch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Whitchurch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitchurch, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th September 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Whitchurch".