In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whatcote like this:
WHATCOTE, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick: 9½ miles SE of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £1,159. Pop., 180. Houses, 40 The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £213.* Patron, H. P. K. Peach, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Whatcote has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Whatcote and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whatcote, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Whatcote".