In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilham like this:
KILHAM, a township in Kirk-Newton parish, Northumberland; 7½ miles N W by W of Wooler. It includes the hamlet of Thornington. Acres, 2, 855. Pop., 209. Houses, 39. The manor belongs to the Earl of Tankerville. The Kilham hills here are an offshoot of the Cheviots, bordering on Scotland.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kilham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Berwick upon Tweed. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kilham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilham, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kilham".