In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wellesbourne like this:
WELLESBOURNE-HASTINGS, and W.-MOUNTFORD, two parishes in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; 5 miles E by N of Stratford r. station. They have a post-office‡ under Warwick, and an inn. Acres, 2,849 and 1,654. Real property, £5,323 and £4,653. Pop., 800 and 742. Houses, 181 and 182. W. Hall is the seat of B. Granville, Esq. The livings are a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £422.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly Norman, partly early English. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wellesbourne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wellesbourne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wellesbourne, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wellesbourne".