In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tysoe like this:
TYSOE, a parish, with a village, in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; 9 miles WNW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Warwick. Acres, 4,710. Real property, £7,485. Pop., 1,035. Houses, 236. The property is much subdivided. The figure of a horse, about 50 feet long, is cut on a sandstone hill, in memory of Warwick, the king-maker. The living is a vicarage, united with Compton-Wynyates, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £266.* Patron, the Marquis of Northampton. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £150.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tysoe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tysoe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tysoe, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tysoe".