In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spernall like this:
SPERNALL, a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; 3¼ miles N of Alcester r. station. Post town, Bromsgrove. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £1,264. Pop., 91. Houses, 21. The manor belongs to Sir W. Throckmorton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £154.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Spernall has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Spernall and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spernall, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Spernall".