In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bladon like this:
BLADON, a village and a parish in Woodstock district, Oxford. The village stands adjacent to the S end of Blenheim Park, 1¼ mile ENE of Handborough r. station, and 2 S of Woodstock; and it has a post office under Woodstock. Pop., 395. Houses, 87. The parish includes also the hamlet of Hensington. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £2,857. Pop., 666. Houses, 128. The manor belongs to the Duke of Marlborough. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Woodstock, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £329.* Patron, the Duke of Marlborough. The church was built in 1804; was remodelled and enlarged in 1862; and is in a very early pointed style. There are two Methodist chapels, a mixed school, and charities £251. Dr. Griffith, who defended Basing House, was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bladon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bladon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bladon in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bladon".