In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seckington like this:
SECKINGTON, a parish in the district of Tamworth and county of Warwick; 3 miles N of Polesworth r. station, and 4 E N E of Tamworth. Post-town, Tamworth. Acres, 806. Real property, £1, 406. Pop., 108. Houses, 24. The manor was anciently called Seccandun, and belongs now to Sir R. Burdett, Bart. A battle was fought here, in 757, between Cuthred and Ethelwald. There are a barrow and remains of an ancient camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £250.* Patron, Sir R. Burdett, Bart. The church is ancient, and has a tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Seckington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Warwickshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Seckington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seckington in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Seckington".