In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bix like this:
BIX, a parish in Henley district, Oxford; under the Chiltern hills, 2¾ miles NW of Henley-on-Thames r. station. Post Town, Henley-on-Thames. Acres, 3,075. Real property, £3,048. Pop., 392. Houses, 83. The area comprises two quondam parishes, Bixbrand in the N and Bixgibwen in the S. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £487.* Patron, the Earl of Macclesfield.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bix has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bix and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bix in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bix".