In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Higham Dykes like this:
HIGHAM-DYKES, a township in Ponteland parish, Northumberland; 7 miles SSW of Morpeth. Acres, 219. Pop., 26. Houses, 5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Higham Dykes has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Castle Morpeth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Higham Dykes and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Higham Dykes, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Higham Dykes".