In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pillerton Hersey like this:
PILLERTON-HERSEY, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 3 miles S W of Kineton, and 7½ S E of Stratford-on-Avon r.station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 390. Real property, £1, 967. Pop., 242. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Pillerton-Priors, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Rev. H. Mills. The church is ancient but good, and has alow tower. There are a national school, and charities £12.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pillerton Hersey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pillerton Hersey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pillerton Hersey, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pillerton Hersey".