In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Packington like this:
PACKINGTON (Great), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the river Blythe, 2½ miles N E of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 2½ N W of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 2, 451. Real property, £3, 441. Pop., 336. Houses, 53. The manor, with Packington Hall, belonged formerly to the Fishers, and belongs now to the Earl of Aylesford. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Little Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £460.* Patron, the Earl of Aylesford. The church was rebuiltby Bonomi, after the model of the temple of Pæstum. Charities, £21.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Packington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Warwickshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Packington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Packington in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Packington".