In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milverton like this:
MILVERTON, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Leamington and Coventry railway, 2 miles NNE of Warwick. It contains a portion of the town of Leamington, a station on the Leamington and Coventry railway, and a goods station for Leamington and Warwick on the Northwestern railway. Post town, Leamington. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £12,504. Pop. in 1851,1,061; in 1861, 1,366. Houses, 281. Pop. of the part within Leamington town, 341. Houses, 66. ...
Emscote Manor House is the seat of Mr. W. Newsham. The scenery within the parish, and the views commanded from it, are very fine. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Valne, £78. Patron, the Earl of Warwick. The church is ancient; and consists of nave and chancel, with a wooden belfry. A proprietorial church was built in 1836, on Milverton-hill; is an edifice in the Doric style, with tetrastyle portico, and circular bell tower; contains about 800 sittings; forms a separate charge, in the patronage of the Earl of Warwick; and is sometimes called New Milverton, while the parish church is called Old Milverton.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Milverton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Warwick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Milverton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milverton, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milverton".