In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marton like this:
MARTON, a village and a parish in Rugby district, Warwick. The village stands at the confluence of the rivers Itchin and Leam, ¾ of a mile S of the Fosse way, 1 mile N of the Leamington and Rugby railway, and 6 ENE of Leamington; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Rugby. ...
The parish comprises 910 acres. Real property, £2,525. Pop. in 1851,373; in 1861,410. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir T. Biddulph, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £175. Patron, the Rev. B. B. Hulbert. The church is ancient, but out of repair; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There are a national school, and charities £14.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marton, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marton ".