In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Aston like this:
ASTON (North), a parish in Woodstock district, Oxford; on the river Cherwell, adjacent to the Oxford canal, 1 mile W of Somerton r. station, and 2 SSE of Deddington. Post Town, Deddington under Oxford. Acres, 1,272. Real property, £3,129. Pop., 296. Houses, 68. Aston Park is a chief residence. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £199. Patron, J. Wills, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1865.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing North Aston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cherwell. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering North Aston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Aston, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "North Aston".