In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsbury like this:
KINGSBURY, a village and a parish in the district of Tamworth and county of Warwick. The village stands on the river Tame, near the Birmingham and Derby railway, 1¼ mile E of the Birmingham and Fazeley canal, 3½ SSW of Watling street, and 5¼ S of Tamworth; and it has a station on the railway, and a post office under Tamworth. The parish contains also the villages of Hurley and Dosthill, and the hamlets of Holloughton, Foulend, Brookend, Slateley, Whateley, Cliff, and Bodymoor-Heath. ...
Acres, 9, 070. Real property, £13, 213. Pop., 1, 428. Houses, 289. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged, in the 9th century, to Turchill de Warwick; and passed to the Bracebridges of Atherstone. Coal is mined, and bricks are made. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £125. Patron, not reported. The church is ancient, in good condition; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are a chapel of ease at Dosthill, Wesleyan chapels at Hurley and BodymoorHeath, an endowed school at Kingsbury village, and charities £30.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingsbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Warwickshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingsbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsbury in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingsbury".