In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honiley like this:
HONILY, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; 3 miles W of Kenilworth r. station, and 5 ½ NW of Warwick. Post town, Kenilworth. Acres, 642. Real property, £843. Pop., 63. Houses, 12. The manor had anciently a peculiar ecclesiastical jurisdiction; was given, in the time of Henry III., to Richard Peche; passed, in the time of Henry VII., to Sir Simon Montfort; went, at his attainder, to the Crown; was given to the Fitzgeralds; reverted, in the time of Mary, to the Crown; was then given to the Throckmortons; passed to the Burgoynes, and to Lord Carrington; and belongs now to Mrs-Willes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £150. Patron, Mrs. Willes. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Honiley has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Warwick. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Honiley and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honiley, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Honiley".